Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 05-22-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Fishing Report 5/22/07

Hey Byron,
I really enjoyed the fishing report today and wanted to share a funny personal story.

My brother(who is 2 years younger than me) and I have always had a close relaionship. Well, when we call each other the answering party always says "what's up jackass?" Not the most endearing of terms, but it starts us off on a laughing note. So, he calls me a couple of weeks ago and he just happened to be getting ready for a staff meeting! You see where this is going? So, I answer, "what's up jackass" and I hear alot of laughing in the background. He answer's, "um, I'm getting ready to start a meeting and everyone heard you" So,I said "what's up jackass" again and the place is rolling. He says this is their "new greeting" around the watercooler and I can't help but think that more people should have a little more fun on the job!

I won't call anyone on the board a "jackass" but feel free to call me one. Afterall, laughter is the best medicine....

Mark...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 PM

This must be the ambulances and firetrucks byron mentioned in the report today

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6551106
Old 05-25-2007, 01:45 AM

Default No!

If I were to call u that on here, well! Lets just say I'd feel like I was working! This is usually followed by someone getting injured, after some intelligent person want's to be stupid and say something really intelligent. Gosh, I can't tell you how many times I've heard that statement followed by fists being thrown! Not to mention the other un-mentionable phrases so commonly overheard while at the work place. That name, for some unknown reason, is quite frequently used by someone who does not know my name (not in all cases and depends on how bad I have ruined their day) and wishes to blerb their kind thoughts about how they feel at that particular time. I love my job!

Oh, I almost forgot! Paula, I heard you really enjoyed your day at the fine County establishment. I overheard you were off struck by a female who neglegted to pay a parking ticket! Silly silly girl! Stick around for a few more of those and you will eventually become emotionally numb! Now you know what it's like to have to do that a minimum of once a month! Not to mention what some people get bench warrant's sworn out for. IE; my TWRA personal favorite-Under Size Fish and my all time personal favorite-Proud Bitch. This refer's to a female dog in heat, that is on the loose (off chain and roaming the neighborhood) and is stirring up the male dogs in the area! So you can imagine the humor in this when the dogs owner, a female, is arrested on a bench warrant for Proud Bitch and the Judge has to say her name followed by the aquired charge! It's sick I know! Not to mention sad, but it got a few chuckles from those in the court!

Any how I just got off and I'm through talking about work!
Fishermansfly
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator

I just have to say, our police deserve our gratitude. I was amazed at the mass of stupidity that I saw in court. (Although I was feeling sorry for them.)

I have to go back on June 15.

BTW, in case you did not know. Books (actually any reading materials) are not allowed in the courtroom.

Paula
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 AM

I went to court in Blount County a few years ago for a speeding ticket. I thought it was a circus... Next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time) I'll just pay the fine, but I guess they prefer it that way...