Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-19-2007, 12:05 PM

John,
Best fish I ever hooked in the park was on bait.

It was on the Little river up from the parking lot (before they closed the road going by the houses) one October. I caught a little bow on a dry fly, as I was bringing it by a rock to land it, this torpedo of a brown swallowed my fish and fly. Three pools later the brown released the little bow and my fly. I was wet wading and just kept jumping over everything trying to keep up with the fish. Andy Betts, (John Betts's son of Z-lon, and Microfibetts) was laughing so hard I think he hurt himself!

Come to think maybe I will try some mini-bow clausers next time I am in the Smokies too!

Flat Fly'n
Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TNGlen

Flat, you know, if is ain't Chartruesse, it ain't no use!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Hey Flat-Fly'n

You're not the first I have heard of catching (or nearly so) a large brown on a live fish which was being landed. I know a guy who caught a 28" one on a chub in little river. He says it is his standard practice to let a chub run to the bottom of the hole any time he catches one in a big hole! He was new to fishing the park and thought is was a stocker. Caught it up toward Elkmont though, don't think it was a stocker!
Tight lines,
John