Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM

Thumbs up Tarpon By Drew

Bryon,

Thank you so much for hooking me up with Drew in the keys. He was great! He provided very good and patient instruction on Tarpon fishing. He put me on three fish that took the fly. Since it was my first saltwater fly fishing experience, it was difficult to fight the temptation to lift the rod to set the hook. So, I missed the first two fish. But, I hooked the third and had a blast with the big tarpon. I highly recommend Drew -- that is if you want to catch fish. I did not see anyone else fighting a fish that morning, and we had three chances.

So, thank you Bryon, and a special thanks to my Captian Drew Delashmit for making my first saltwater fly fishing experience a dream come true.

Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Don,

If you did all of that in one day, you had a heck of a day! Drew is an excellent guide and good friend. I just returned from a tarpon trip in the gulf near Appalachacola, FL. We fished with a guide for three days and I only fed three or four and jumped one. It was not good. The fish are not there yet this year. They are either running late or not coming at all. I hope they are just late. Paula and I are going down for three more days of fishing in two weeks. I'm glad you had a great trip. If the weather is right, Drew will put you on fish.

Byron
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Hey Drew,

Are you available 6/30 or 7/1?

justfishing
<'))))><
Old 06-17-2007, 12:50 PM

JustFishing,

Drew is probably guiding every day and hasn't had time to get on the board. His e-mail address is: tfalcatus@aol.com. tfalcatus is latin for Permit. Drew's cell phone # is 305-304-3324 and home 305-744-0073. Give him a call, he'll be happy to hear from you. Tell him I said hello.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Boy, Byron is getting spoiled by his own success, only feeding 3 or 4? In the old days that would have been a great trip.

Despite mechanical issues (their guide's fault) tough weather, and a day when they were just snake bit, he and Paula fed 6 more and jumped 3 in two days of fishing on their return trip.

Don't let Mount Begley fool ya. The tarpon don't like to see them coming.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalops View Post
Boy, Byron is getting spoiled by his own success, only feeding 3 or 4? In the old days that would have been a great trip.

Despite mechanical issues (their guide's fault) tough weather, and a day when they were just snake bit, he and Paula fed 6 more and jumped 3 in two days of fishing on their return trip.

Don't let Mount Begley fool ya. The tarpon don't like to see them coming.
HAHAHA!

I was wondering what the heck he was talkin' about!

And we were not snake bit, we were throwing *kyptonite turd* flies.

Paula