Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM

Dave, I will be on the Hiwassee this coming weekend. I wish they wouldnt run generators during the week so we could fish during the week. After my Hiwassee trip we will talk about getting together the following weekend. If you go this weekend I used a sulpher and a immitator from "the Creel". Let me know how you do and we will get together next weekend. Ben.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM

how do you get to the clinch from knoxville?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

I-75 North about 19 miles from downtown. Can't remember the exit number, but look for the exit for the Museum of Appalachia (which is someplace else you ought to visit cause it's a real kick). To get to Miller's Island or the dam, take a right and go just past the Museum of Appalachia and take a left on US 441. If you stay on 441, it will take you to the dam (there are pull off and parking for the weir dam and the powerhouse). If you turn left when you get off I-75, you will be headed for the Clinton access points. Right after you cross the Clinch on the 61 bridge, the jail will be down on your right, along with a recreation area. Turn right to get down to the jail and the church. Go past the jail and the church and you will find a gravel parking lot on the backside of the church. Pull over to the tree line and look for a veteran Clinch River fisherman and ask for help!!

Good luck!

Gerry Romer
Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 AM

Its the the Norris Clinton exit but otherwise those are excellent directions.