Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Yellowstone Stream Closures

I thought I would share this with you. I'm hoping for some rain and cooling out that way as I'm heading there in a month.
Quoted from NPS website- they have a map of closures also.

Date: July 9, 2007

National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior

Yellowstone National Park
P.O. Box 168
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 6, 2007 07-36
Al Nash (307) 344-2010

Fishing Advisory Map (176 KB pdf)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High water temperatures and low stream flows in some rivers and creeks have prompted Yellowstone National Park to ask anglers to curtail fishing at lower elevations during the afternoon.

Water temperatures in lower elevation rivers have exceeded 73 degrees Fahrenheit (22.7 degrees Celsius) in recent days. This can be stressful and even fatal for trout.

The park is asking anglers to help protect Yellowstone’s native and wild trout fisheries by halting fishing in lower elevation waters between noon and 6:00 pm.

This fishing advisory is for the following rivers and creeks within the park:

Northern Yellowstone: Gardner River below Osprey Falls, Lava Creek below Undine Falls, Lamar River below Cache Creek, all of Slough Creek, Soda Butte Creek below Amphitheater Creek, and the Yellowstone River below Seven Mile Hole.

West side of the park: Madison River, Firehole River, and the Gibbon River below Gibbon Falls.

Southern portion of Yellowstone: Bechler River below Ouzel Creek, Falls River below Rainbow Falls, Mountain Ash Creek below Union Falls, Proposition Creek, Boundary Creek below Dunanda Falls, Robinson Creek, and the Snake River below Six Mile Ford.

This fishing advisory will be in effect beginning Saturday, July 7, and will remain in effect until
Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Yellowstone Closings- Manditory part of day

NPS is closing many streams from 2 pm till 5am. Heading that way you might check the Yellowstone website.