Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 08-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Lyle Lovett's ...."If I had a boat"....

I listen to just about anything except the one that fits my saying.."You cant' spell CRAP without RAP"

Allman Brothers today tying #18 midge larve. Worked well on the Clinch Sunday AM Fogfishing, should work on the spring creeks. Midges are midges.

That Soft Hackle tip works except I still need work. Working on having 3 full Scientific boxes full, the ones with the double sides. Forgot what I listened to on the #20 CDC Trico Duns with 7x tails.........

Flat Fly'n
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
Got introduced to REK from one of my surgeons that is from Pecos. Great music.

REK and Lyle Lovett used to hang out together...."This old Porch". If you like him, try some Adam Carroll-Screen Door, with my favorite..:"Errol's Song"..involves duck hunting and of course "The girl with the dirty hair" with references to Redfish!
Recently went to see both of these guys in Asheville. Great time was had by all.
....Strange, I was getting ready to tell you fellas about Adam Carroll after I read the discussion on Lyle Lovett, but you beat me to it. Adam Carroll, simply put, is a gifted storyteller and one of my personal favs......check out "Smoky mtn taxi" "cane river blues"....
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 PM

What a hoot re: Adam..

I've got his email address! Short story...One of my surgeons listens to him just about everyday. We have listened to him and REK, but mostly AC for so long we know all the lyrics....

I made several calls one day trying to see if he was coming to Nashville and found out that he and REK would be in Asheville @ The Orange Peel. We surprised the surgeon and 5 of us went over there and really did enjoy the place.. AC sang about 6 songs and the REK sang until about 11.

Too bad James Leisenring (The Art of tying the Wet Fly) never got to listen to some Alternatwang while tying soft hackles.

PS Examined a #1 Hun cape tonight, that would make some great soft hackles for smaller flies........There is definately a difference in quality of a #2 vs #1. Another $30

Thanks,
Phil