Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 AM

We finally got a chance to go fish Cosby creek for a couple hours yesterday morning. My husband caught a couple of brookies. I had my usual luck. I got a few "almost gots" but didn't hook any. haha, oh well one of these days, I'll learn how to properly set that hook. I'm having plenty of fun trying anyway. We may go again tomorrow. Or possibly to Big Creek if we have time.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Cosby Creek Cabins

Bill, thanks for the information on the childs fishing area, I will be sure and check it out

We have a cabin booked for the end of Oct with Cosby Creek Cabins. The name of the cabin is: River's Edge

thanks again,

jim
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Lone Oak

Jim,
That is a nice location, it will be very colorful this fall with the leaves and all. Well back to fishing. The creek gets some pressure there but not a lot. I think you stand a good chance to hook some fish in this section of the stream. If you have time there are several good park streams in the area. If we get some good rainfall from now until Oct. the fishing should be good in the fall. Here Is a list of the streams that you can reach in an hour or less from the cabin: In the park you have Cosby, Greenbriar, Elkmount, The lower end of the Chimneys ( the section that runs by Sugarlands Welcome Center up to the first parking area going toward Cherokee) also, Big Creek, and Cataloochee. So if you can get way to fish there is plenty of water to wet a hook in. All of these streams fish well in the fall. There is some smaller creeks in the Cosby section of the park that hold some Brook trout but I do not remember their names. I think some of them are hard to reach. Hope this information will help you for any fishing trips that you have planed while your here on vacation.

Best,
Bill

John 3:16
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Thanks Bill

Thank you sir for this information. It is a good thing to know, they we picked a decent place to stay with a good stream close by and other streams as well.
I do a lot reading here but don't know anything about any of the streams. I retired from the Fire Dept here in Chattanooga almost 3 yrs ago and hope to start FF soon. I bought a decent outfit here in Chattanooga before I found out about LRO.
I still would like to stop in there for a visit and maybe some lessons sometime soon. They seem like a good outfit to get to know.

Thanks again for the information. It is greatly appreciated.

jim
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Bill, I always fish G-burg a couple of times with the family when we're there. It has been 10 dollars per person/per day for the permit but it requires no other license. Also there is a little kids stream and park located on the North end of G-burg where you are almost out of town going to Pigeon Forge and it's on your left down a street there, little sign up on the road for it. We've had a couple picnics down there and let my little girl fish but she never even had a bite, beautiful place though. The meat hunters will be out hard and heavy Friday morning for the stockers in town though so plan accordingly.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Thanks Bran

Bran,
Thank you for the info on the primet. I could not remember the price. The park you are talking about I think it is call Hubert Holt. I have taken my daughter there on a couple of times. It had sliped my mind. It is a good place for the kids to hang out and have fun. The Gatlinburg Fish Hatchery is located there as well.

Best,
Bill