Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Can you give me directions to the church. I only know where the Weir dam is I have waded below that the only other time I have been. If you give me directions then I will try and be there around 9:45 to meet you. I will go into work around 8:00 and get out of there so I can meet you then. Hope to hear from you, Ben.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:09 AM

bcunnin1,

Sorry about how late this reply is, just got home.

I'm not sure where you are coming from, but I'll take you from the Norris/Clinton exit that you know.

Instead of turning right to go to the dam, turn left. Go about 2 maybe 3 miles, and you will cross a bridge over the Clinch. Immediately after you cross the bridge, take a right (can't remember the name of the road).

There will be a soccer field, then the Anderson County jail, an Anderson County Rescue Squad building, and then you will see Second Baptist Church.
Drive past the church to the overflow (gravel) parking lot.

It's pretty easy to find actually. If you get lost, ask at any gas station where the new Second Baptist Church or the Anderson County jail is. Most locals will know.

Hope to see you there.

Look for me in a burgundy Toyota pickup. I'll be there around 9:45.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to FFM4LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMontanaAlum View Post
What color BH zebra? I ordered a bunch (red, olive and black) that will be here soon. I hope I chose wisely.

I will be at the church parking lot Saturday by myself and probably below the dam Sunday morning with another Knoxville member (Drag Line). I am a stocky young-looking guy and I will be driving a new grey colored Nissan Xterra with Univ.MT. Griz stuff all over it. If you see me on the water, I am the guy who has absolutely no clue what the **** he is doing other than having a good time. Make sure to say hello.
UofMontanaAlum,
I just read your messed, so sorry it took so long to reply. All of the colors you mentioned should be work. I have done best using a black with silver or gold wire ribbing.

Thanks and good luck!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:36 PM

FFM enjoyed it this morning. We are going to have to do that again for sure. Let me know when you get a free weekend. Ben.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Anyone fishing Sunday?

I was wondering if anyone was fishing the Clinch tomorrow. I am new to the area and would like to meet up with anyone who would want to go. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Etu

Hey ETSU we will be up there at around 7 in the morning leaving here around 630 or so! We will be fishing from the church and head upstram around a hundred yards or so! We will be in a green Izuzu Rodeo....I'll be wearing a blue fishpond vest and dad will be supporting a flashy new orvis green vest. My dad's name is Gerry and I'm Brett so if you see us don't be shy come over and say allo! Good luck to all there 2marrow! Hope to see you on the stream!

Brett
Old 08-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Clinch 8/12

As Brett and I were pulling into the church parking lot at 7:30 this morning, Brett made an offhand comment about how someday we'll see an outreach ministry in the parking lot, trying to catch some of these early morning fishermen. Well, before we even had our waders on, a guy in a shiny red Durango pulls up, gets out, comes over and hands us a couple flyers inviting us to the SBC Men's Ministry Riverside Sportsman's Expo. Then he asked us to tell all our friends.

I immediately thought of the LRO message board. A lot of us have used this message board to discuss where, why and how to use the church parking lot for access to the Clinch in Clinton and I think it's only fair to help them out a bit here. So here goes.

On Saturday, September 8th, the Second Baptist Church Men's Ministry will be holding a Riverside Sportsman's Expo. The day kicks off with coffee and donuts from 6 to 7 am. Then, from 7 am to 1 pm they will have contests, demos, new product displays and workshops for fly fishing, fly tying, archery, trap shooting and a whole lot more. At 1 pm they will be awarding trophies and prizes to the contest winners. Prizes include hunting and fishing gear and a top prize of a Suzuki 400 4wd ATV!

Then, at 2 pm, they'll award the Grand Prize, and have a Sportsman Presentation followed by DINNER All for only $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 17.

And for kids they'll have concessions, horse shoes, canoeing, air rifles and archery.

And we're all invited to bring our own guns, bows and fishing rods to participate. You can get tickets in advance through the church office at 865-457-2046 or buy them at the gate the day of the event.

I would suggest that all of us who use the church for Clinch access show up to support this outreach effort. They've been very good to us after all! I would also suggest that anyone thinking of fishing the Clinch via the church parking lot on Saturday, Sept. 8th either cancel their fishing plans (since you probably won't be able to get in the church parking lot) and attend the event, or move on down the road to Norris.

Oh, yeah... fishing today was okay. Not great, but okay. The water was still a bit high and fast and the fish were hitting olive midges dropped off the bend of a para Adams. I wasn't skunked today but I only had one to Brett's four so it still felt like a skunking.

I'm gonna explore and see if I can find a link to some more info on the Sportman's Expo. Paula, if you feel this should be moved to another area, feel free!

Gerry Romer
Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Riverside Sportsman's Expo

I found a link to the Second Baptist Church of Clinton website. On their home page is a link to the Men's Ministry page which yields a link to the planned event I referred to in my earlier post.

Here ya go!

http://www.secondbaptistchurch.org/images/Riverside.pdf

Gerry