Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 08-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Talking To Hugh and Caroline!

Glad to see some other faces that had a good time on there vacation. Although ours lacked smiles from the fish gods we still had a good time. I patiently waited on your all's or PlatueaAnglers return for a much anticipated report! I logged on to your site daily to see if you all had returned. Last night before heading to bed I did the nightly thing with Mandy (my wife) asking if I was getting on the computer. I replied "Yes I wanna check Hugh's site and mess around on LRO for a while" I opened your page to see the red banner had dissapeared (stating you all were out of town) I said to Mandy "Yea there back pictures!". We both stayed up for a few looking at the pics. So I logged back on today to see the "Full Report". WOW! Congrats on your specimen Caroline! I'd love to have been there to have seen that brute come to hand! Kudo's to you all! Always good to see your reports! It's ritual for me to check your all's site!

Kudo's again!
Brett
Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 PM

Thats funny Brett, I've been checking their site often also, waiting for a report! Great report Hugh and Caroline. I love fishing the Gibbon. Caught several good browns there in Oct 03 below the falls on #6 girdle bugs. I'll be looking for you soon on the Holston.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Thanks Guys!

Gary and FF, our thanks to both of you for your interest in our little adventures and for the kind words. It certainly was a trip to remember, and Carolyn will certainly remember it for years to come. It was the wildest ride down a stream that I've ever had!! Who would ever imagine that a fish could take you 1/4 of a mile down the river with little or no control over it. Carolyn was very fortunate to have ever landed that fish. When we started to release it, the hook just fell out??
I want to mention that I was fortunate enough to meet David Knapp and Trevor Smart, from the LRO board, in Blue Ribbon Flies, while we were in West Yellowstone. What are the chances that this would happen?? Two great young fellas. I look forward to seeing their reports. We saw lots of different Fly Shops while we were on this trip, but none as great as Little River Outfitters. Thanks again for the encouragement about our report.
Hugh and Carolyn Hartsell---East Tn.