Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-17-2007, 09:15 PM

Byron, your stance is admirable, especially in this day and age where people are more interested in profits than the protection of our sport and a very delicate ecosystem. It's easy to miss the streams but an ounce of prevention is always worth a pound of cure. Protecting the future begins today.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Trevor,

Dave Ames may have written many books but that one, a good life wasted, is the one I heard about. I will pick up a copy when I get home. Have you ever met him? I was worried when he said no guide needed. Since we don't know anything about Montana except it's north of Utah somewhere. But I'd like to think there are so many streams with so many trout that even I could catch some without a guide.

Barbara
Old 08-18-2007, 02:18 AM

no, I've never met him in person, I just really love his books (he's written 3, 2 of which I've read) I always tell everybody to read "a good life wasted", but you know how it is, nobody ever reads books you tell them to. from his writings, he seems like the kind of guy who'd probably tell you no guide needed. read the book and you'll see what kind of a character he must be.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Trevor,

Just read your post on your trip to Colorado. How was the water temp there? Did you take waders or just wet wade? I am going the first week of September. Trying to carry on all the rods and wading boots but probably will have to check the baggage with waders, tackle, etc. Everyone says it could be hot or it could be snowing, so lost luggage could be a real problem. Wish we had 3 weeks so we could drive like you guys did.

Great pictures. Digital? What kind of camera? Thanks.

Barbara