Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Trout Unlimited

I have recently developed "The Addiction"{three months now} to this wonderful way of life called fly fishing.With the recent poor conditions and topics regarding these on this forum I have been thinking alot about ways that I can help preserve this way of life. I cant make it rain but like everyone else, I can pick up trash ect, while fishing/hiking.I recently heard about Trout Unlimired specifically the Little River chapter.Could anyone give me some info about this organization and what they do? Do you or have you been a member? I was told about a chapter meeting tonight and was thinking about going.Any info would br greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much.
Brian Bartos
Maryville
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 AM

Brian!

Come on down tonight. We are meeting at Monte Vista Baptist Church in Maryville. It's right off of 411. Just google it or look on TU Little River Chapter web site for directions. The meeting begins at 7 pm and we are usually located in the lower level. There's a big parking lot and a door at the side. Usually there's signs with directions.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 AM

I'll be there tonight... Looking forward to seeing you Hans!

Trevor... If you read this, you should try to come tonight too.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Thank you Hans and Kevin. I look forward to coming tonight and meeting you both.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 PM

It should be a good meeting. The speakers usually have a nice powerpoint show with great photography. Hope to see more of the forum members join and "participate" in the chapter functions. It really helps to have plenty of volunteers with all the work that needs to be accomplished by our park service biologist and the few grad. students they have. See ya there!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Hey everybody... We had a great time last night! I really enjoy going to the meetings and fellowshiping with folks that love Flyfishing and the Smokies as much as I do. If you're not in TU, you're missing out. I don't make many meetings because of my military commitments, but its always a treat when I get to go.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Brian!

I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet tonight. I hope you had a good time if you were there. We were 41 people in attendance. If you were there and felt a little lonely don't despair. You will get to know people if you come back and make sure to introduce yourself to as many people as possible and you will soon be one of the regulars. I have been to many TU meetings both at Little River chapter and at three others in this area. Little River chapter is probably the most active and friendly of the bunch. No offense to the others they are all good but someone has to be at the top. Anyway, I'm not going to be at the meetings much until winter time due to a conflict on Thursday nights this fall. I'm taking an art class, wish me luck. LOL
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Wish I could make the meetings...I joined TU a few months ago, and I selected the Little River Chapter, as there isn't a chapter anywhere near here, for obvious reasons. Sounds like y'all had a good time.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 PM

Yes I was there and brought a freind. I enjoyed the evening and look forward to coming as often as possible. I did introduce myself to a couple of people and enjoyed the conversation. Catch you at the nrxt one or at the fishing frenzie next weekend after all the rain we are going to get and the temps and water levels all return to norm(oops I was fantisying) sorry about that.See you next month.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM

I've been active in the Little River Chapter for several years, but still don't know everyone who attends the meetings. That isn't hard, since we have over 250 members, often have 40 in attendance at any meeting, but only about 10-15 of the same folks at each meeting. The way I look at it is the chances are the guy or gal next to you hasn't met everyone either, at least not more than once, so they won't remember that we introduced ourselves to each other six meetings ago. And hey, if we're talking fishing, it doesn't matter. I won't be offended if you don't remember me; I have CRS...can't remember s.......
Hey, if you will give me a chance to talk fishing, I'll be your friend.