Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Camera

I am looking at getting a digital camera over carrying those little waterproof disposable cameras. I am pretty rough on my gear but I would like a good camera but not too expensive just a relatively inexpensive(not cheap) digital that would be good for fishing.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Plateau Angler Bought a camera months ago and posted some pictures. I in turn ended up buying one and love it. It is a Pentax Optio WP. I actually own two now. My 2yr old hid it for a while so I bought another. Both of the cameras I bought off ebay (approx. 140) They are waterproof to a depth of about 1.5meters below the surface. I have taken great shots of my children in the pool, lake, and some fish also. I also like not worrying about dropping it or getting it splashed. It is slim and fits in my pack easily when fishing also.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM

I have the optio w20 and love it. The w30 is out now and it's a little better but i don't think you would go wrong with that camera.

Also, i believe olympus that is supposedly shockproof, waterproof, idiotproof, etc. I have seen it in the stores and it looks pretty neat.

Craig
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Pentax Optio

I made up my mind to get one this past weekend, and PA suggested the w30 which is a newer/higher model than the w20. WP down to 10 ft, for up to 2hrs. I bought one from Amazon for $242 I think, just got it yesterday. So far, so great. Have not had a digital until now, can't wait to post some fish shots.

sb
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM

I got the w20 for $130 and the w30 for $178. The only difference that I have seen is the mp. Either one you would be fine.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Another Option

I recently got an Olympus FE-210. I have no idea whether it is shockproof, waterproof or anythingelseproof. It's best feature - I got it free as a company service award so it's my favorite digital camera. And if I happen to inadvertently take a dive in a nice spill pool, I haven't lost a thing. Hope to be taking some pictures soon of some of the scenes only captured in my mind right now.

But thanks for all the great suggestions on my follow-up digital.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 09-12-2007, 10:15 PM

I looked at those W20's and think I will go ahead and get one. Its perfect because I can just stick it in my waders pocket and not have to worry about if I take a spill it being in a bag or anything. Thanks for all the advice, Ben.