Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Idaho trout art

Thought you might want to see what the latest fashion statement is on Silver Creek. I had the pleasure of removing this one evening. The fellow just walked up and said he had a "embarassing problem". I think I need to buy a Leatherman. A #8 foam hopper.

I removed one out on the bay while redfishing 2 falls ago with Dean Campbell.. 2/0 Clauser dug into the bend of the hook into his cheek.. Dean says one more and I can get a merit badge!

i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee78/tnflyfish/IMGP0054.jpg

Flat Flyn

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 09-12-2007 at 08:59 PM..
Old 09-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Body Piercing

Flat,
I hope you just cut that hook? I got a tiny emerger stuck in my finger a couple of years ago. Ever since I hate to fish a droppers.
Best,
John
Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Hook

I had to break this one off. Silver Creek is barbless, but he had broken the barb off instead of just bending it down, so it would not back out. I clamped down on it with a pair of hemostats and just bent the hook until it broke. It was not pretty and the guy took it well, but it hurt.

Dean's was another story.. I should show that picture, with his permission of course. Thank goodness we had some Lidocaine, TB needle and syringe.

Moral of these stories is to wear sunglasses when you fish. I have a great picture of a lure into someone's eye, but I am afraid Paula would kill me if I posted it.