Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing Around the World

Old 09-17-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Tigers and more Tigers

I don't know if you guys have any Tiger trout down in your neck of the woods but up here in Manitoba we have a few stocked lakes with them in it. They are a very aggressive fish and take flies readily. Great sport in a tube.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Hmmmm!

I've heard a few things about these guys! Beaut of a fish! Excellent picture! I've read a thing or two about this fish and where they hold, I'd love to snag one or two for myself and a good picture or two...Looks like some excellent fishing where you were at with the weed beds in the background! Looks like a killer place for a frog or rat popper!

Great catch,
Brett
Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM

These fish are really aggressive and will take a bomber dragged accross the surface, so I'm sure a frog or mouse pattern will work. May have to give that a try next time out.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Man those Tigers are a great lookin fish.. Will haft to get into some of those one day..!! Turns out that I stayed at a lake in Utah that had em in it and I didnt even know it.. Didnt even do any fishin.. Hate that I missed out on that opportunity.. Not near as nice of an area as where you are from the look of the picture.. Thx for sharin..