Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fisheries Management & Biology

View Poll Results: Do you wish to see TWRA's New Clinch Management Plan take effect? As written?
Yes 46 95.83%
No 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Simply yes.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 PM

Default A recent development for LUCRO?

Has anybody heard a rumor regarding the lawyer working for LUCRO? I was told that the lawyer had to resign from the case because of a conflict of interest. I was told that some of his other clients (possibly a higher priority than LUCRO) were in favor of the slot limit, and he felt it was a conflict of interests and stepped down from the case.

Travis
Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Has anybody heard a rumor regarding the lawyer working for LUCRO? I was told that the lawyer had to resign from the case because of a conflict of interest. I was told that some of his other clients (possibly a higher priority than LUCRO) were in favor of the slot limit, and he felt it was a conflict of interests and stepped down from the case.

Travis
That, my friends, would be an interesting thing to have happened! I would love to hear thought's on this matter! Anyone out there know?

~Brett
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 AM

I heard it two or three weeks ago.

Byron
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TNGlen
Default I voted yes but.....

I voted yes in this poll, however, I don't think TWRA has done enough. There needs to be a law against culling. In my last 3 trips to the Clinch, I have seen several dead fish culled off stingers and a fisherman fill is limit and then get "his wife's" stringer and begin to fill hers. I know we are almost there, but let's continue to make comments to strengthen the laws and don't just settle for 1/4 or 1/3 of the way to where we need to be. They still need to consider the river above the weir as a possible trophy area since this land is not held by private land owners.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Culling and Overfishing?

TNGlen,

You didn't happen to be on the river this past Friday were you? I saw a man who had a stringer full, at least a dozen trout, each one no longer than about 7". As you said, slot limits cannot control this behavior, only enforcement by TWRA. At first I thought about saying something to the gentleman, but then I thought otherwise. If I had been able to get a signal on my phone, I would have called him in. What meat fisherman should realize is that once they catch their limit they should stop fishing. Not culling their fish. After the fish have had a rope drug over thier gills and pulled around upside down in the river, the likelihood of them surviving is not very high.

Travis
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Current regulations pertaining to Clinch allow for 7 troutdaily with no size regulation. It makes you wonder what a person would do with 7 trout 1" long.

I think twra need to worry more about this than a slot limit. Why stock a bunch of fingerlings and then fishermen clean them out and I guess throw em' in the trash or give it to the cat. What a waste.