Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Hey thanks alot you have no idea how much this information helps me out. I know where you are talking about in your directions and it helps a great deal. I plan on heading out around 7 so that sounds perfect for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 AM

You can call 1-800-LAKES-11 and get the generation schedule. They keep it up to date very well as well as the riverside web site. If you get a chance to go up there the guy that owns the shop's name is Brandon Jackson. He can give you any info you need as well as what they are hitting and where to fish. If I lived 25 minutes from there I would go every day.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Wednesday Fishing

Rollin,

Went up to the West Prong of the Little Pigeon today and, after last night's rain, there was so much water in it that it was virtually unfishable. I would imagine that it will subside over the next couple of days and may be OK by the time you're ready to fish it.

If it has not gone down enough, I would suggest turning right at Sugarlands after coming out of Gatlinburg and going over the mountain to Elkmont. From the Elkmont campground, you can fish up Little River. There is a very easy path (actually an old road) that follows the river so you can get pretty far up in the mountains and may even run into some brookies higher up. Little River didn't get quite as much rain as WPLP so it's a pretty comfortable fish today.

Good luck, tight lines.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Man I hope so...

Hey Charlie sad to hear that the rain has made it unfishable. But if you guys are like us you would prefer it raining for the rest of the week. It has been a long hot and dry summar for us. I will try what you have told me and keep you up to date this weekend on my performance.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator

I can absolutely assure you, there will not be ANYONE complaining about too much water in these here parts.

Paula
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Amen and amen.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 AM

Hey Rollin,
I am going to be up that way fishing as well this weekend. My wife is going to accompany me maybe we will pass by on the streams.
Charcoal Toyota Sequoia (Alabama Tag )
Good Luck. We are headed up on Friday a.m. stop by LRO and then on to Gatlinburg. I will probably fish Sat. Sun. and maybe Monday morning.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 PM

Default that sounds good

Hey that sounds great I am actually here now it is 10:38 here and I just heated up some chili to eat before I head to bed. I stopped by Bass pro and got some fly's so I can head out in the morning and go fish I will let you know how I do tommorow.