Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Well not as good as I had hoped....

I did not have the success that I expected for saturday but as far as the weather and the background I could not have asked for more. It was absolutely beautifull, I truly had an Smokey Mountain experiance thanks to all you guys for all the tips and tricks I could not have done as well as I did without it. Saturday I started about 10 and ended around 1:35 I caught 2 rainbows. One on a female PA and the other was... well im not really sure but it was yellow and white and a #14. Sorry for my ignorance but this is all a new experience for me. However the weather and the nature really made up for not catching many fish. All in all it was really just good for me to be able to get out and get away for a weekend and really enjoy what is sometimes taken for granted in life. I have a long way to go as far as becoming a successful fly fisherman but lots of practice and learning will surely help me get there. You guys who live in and around the smokeys have truly something to be proud of it is one beautiful place. But now I am back at home and tommorrow I am going small mouth fishing in one of the small creeks near my house, with all the good lures I have got from up there I should have a good outing tommorrow. I will keep you guys informed on how I did, thanks guys.

Bart,
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM

Bart,

Glad you enjoyed your stay in the Smokies. Let us know when you head back this way and maybe we can get you paired up with a fishing partner.

We're all beginners, some have just been doing it longer than others. If we were that good, there would be no more fish in the Smokies - no near term danger of that.

Take care, tight lines.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 AM

Bart,
You ought to try the Sipsey sometime. It is very fun and if you live on 25 minutes from there you would love it. I would compare it to Little River in the Smokies but with a whole lot more room to cast especially if they are not Generating. Brandon at the fly shop can give you some good advice as well as tell you where to fish. They should stock the Thursday before the Alabama and Auburn game. I went last year Iron Bowl Saturday and caught the limit both myself and my father in-law in about 30 minutes.
Limit is 5
Old 10-31-2007, 10:19 AM

Tide....after all the advice you got where did you end up fishing in the Park and what was the water level like....great time of year to be up there.