Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > In The Backcountry

Old 10-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Sawdust pile

Yes it does, without a map I could not tell you. You passed it though, the sawdust pile is the first of the three, next is Sugar Fork?, then Bone Valley. None of those three are very far apart (less than half a mile as I remember). Been too long though, my memory isn't perfectly clear.
Best,
John
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM

Any further details on the trip? I have a few more days to take at work so as long as my school schedule is good i'm still interested in going.

Craig
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 AM

#85 is the Sawdust Pile campsite.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Hazel Creek 9,10,11 nov

I would guess we would just plan on meeting at the Fontana Village Boat Dock whenever youall can get there. I would shoot for 10:00 am, but anytime would really be fine, just so we could meet. 10, 11,12,1:00. If someone was going to be late, they could just catch the next ferry. We may work out details about food and equipment. I have a couple of backpacking tents, one sleeps 2, the other three (really 2 and stuff, both have full flies. Small stove and lantern. We would find out what time to meet the ferry on Sunday and make sure we got there in time. If anybody hears about a large group going that weekend I would reschedule. Last time I went the Atlanta TU Chapter was up there with about 40 people, pretty much a mess.
Best,
John
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM

I would love to go but i'm highly doubt that i could do those dates. Let me know if they change because i would love to go back there, i haven't been in about 6 years i think.

Craig
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM

dont believe I'll be able to make it either. school on friday, work on sat/sun, sorry. john, I would love to go to snowbird sometime if you are up for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Is it a possibility to move the dates back just a day or so. I could probably do a thursday, friday, saturday trip but i doubt i can take three days off of work for a wed., thursday, friday one. If it's a lot of trouble then don't worry about it just a thought.

Craig
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Hazel Creek Dates?

Hey all,
I found out from my wife(I already knew this) that my plans mean nothing. So you all think about some dates that will work, throw them out once more and maybe we can get together. I would like to do a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Maybe the week after, of course then we are the weekend ahead of Thanksgiving. I have not been up there in 6 or 7 years either.
Trevor, the fishing is picking up on Snowbird, the smaller bows are already in the river as are the browns. The fish I caught last weekend were all in the 11-14" range. Might have stretched one to 15" but no larger. I did see some big browns in a deep hole but they saw me first.
Back to Hazel, there was an article in the Graham Sentinel about a visit to the grave yards up there. The columniist mentioned the "Brown Hole" on Hazel having had no less than 20 fish estimated from 18'-26"! I would have lost all composure at that point, dropped the flowers and produced the pack rod!
Anyway maybe we can salvage this trip, life is just tooooo hectic!
Best,
John
Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 PM

Default louisvilles in

I will be down there that whole week fishing and i havn't done hazel or eagle creek yet, if you all say its a go ill bring the kayak with. I have to meet up with my club the 9-11th but im game the whole week before
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Hazel Creek

My dates at this point would be the 16th, 17th & 18th. That look doable for any of you?
Troutbummin, we would probably take the ferry across the lake, about $ 30.00 and much quicker. I paddled it once in a canoe; about 1 hr- 45mins without a break. It was about 6 miles from Fontana Marina, though I have heard it is much closer from Cable Cove. I am a fellow Louisvillian!
Tight lines,
John