Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Abrams Creek Fishing Report

I got to the trail head at Abrams Creek about 10:30 today and started the hike up to the falls, it was a chilly morning but by the time I got to the falls I was more than warm! I started off by fishing the pool right below the falls and it was not long before I got to see how my day was going to go, first I got my fly caught up in the vegetation about 5 times almost in a row, then while tying on another fly I bent over to pick up my rod, and I left my zipper pocket on my vest unzipped and out went my fly box into the drink, took me forever to fish it out but I finally got my 50 or 60 dollars worth of flys out. With that behind me and no fish to show for it I went up above the falls and started fishing again, this time I got onto the slippery rocks and went for a small swim.....I only got partially wet though and and wasn't too worse off for the wear. Just glad I did not get soaked as with todays temps I would have been in dead with hyperthermia before I could have made it back to the car. LOL!! So I kept on fishing till about 2 p.m. and then I started fishing this little run that was about 30 feet long coming off of a bump of rocks. It was a pretty narrow run thought and I threw in the hare's ear a couple of times and then all of sudden bam! fish! it wasn't in the trophy class or anything but it sure lifted my spirits, I got him in and back on his way and then I threw in again a couple of times and caught another then another, all told 4 fish in about a half hour......The stream was crystal clear, the water was extremely cold (i got in up to my waist for about 20 minutes and when I waded out my legs were completely numb and my knees did not want to bend). so much for my outing today, would have been better if I had had someone to go with though.....Happy New Year everyone, here are some pics.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:16 PM

Sounds like fun, but I can't see your pics. Do I have to have a MySpace account to see them or is your link bad? I get sent to a page that tells me I "have to sign in to do that."
Old 01-01-2008, 12:25 AM

yeah you have to have an account to view my stuff.....sorry...its a safety thing for my kids...too many weirdos out there, it was just about a 6 or MAYBE 7 inch trout.....one of four for the day.....You should sign up for my space, you can do your own page (mine has a fly fishing background) and you would be really be suprised by how many people you know that have these pages.....if interested I will help you through it and it does not cost anything...........

Regards Mark
P.s. thanks for the post........
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 AM

Sounds like a great day, Mark. Haven't fished Abrams Creek in years so I'm looking forward to getting back in there this spring (hopefully before the tourists hit).

Looks like another warm spell coming up next week - maybe another opportunity to wake up a few trout in the Smokies.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 01-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62
Default Someone to fish with

Hey Former Marine,

Sounds like you had a great time, a little trouble adds color and fun to the stories.
When Febuary and March get here I would be happy to go fishing with you sometime.

Redfish62.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM

Default Hey Calvin

You back in town now?

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime and do some fishing.

Travis
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM

look forward to the trip just email me at markcwatson@bellsouth.net or mark.watson@netzero.com
Old 01-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62
Exclamation Hey Travis

Yes I am back in town, tying flies, and looking forward to some fishing!