Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Default Fly Fishing Show East

Anybody headed to (or ever attended) the Fly Fishing Show East being held next month in Charlotte? I've never been, thought I might give it a go and see what it's all about.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Anybody headed to (or ever attended) the Fly Fishing Show East being held next month in Charlotte? I've never been, thought I might give it a go and see what it's all about.
Was there a couple years back. Mtnman and I plan on attending on Saturday (if not able to that day, then we'll be there on Sunday). There's a lot of sellers there, but don't expect to find lots of outstanding deals on stuff (it may be different now). But on the flip side, you'll see lots of equipment there, some of it hard to find. There were lots of useful seminars, if I remember correctly and this year looks to be no different.

http://www.flyfishingshoweast.com/NC/welcome.htm

Visit the above site and on the left is a link to expected "Programs & Classes".

Does anyone else plan on going?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 PM

yeah, that's what I kinda figured on. Deals never show up at these type things but you can checkout tons of stuff sometimes I only find online...at least I hope. Also I'm hoping to browse a few pontoons in person...about to buy one soon!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 PM

I'll be there saturday.
"Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis
Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Flyfishing Show East

I've attended the last few years. In addition to the other post I go for the fly tying folks there too. Its up close and you can ask questions or pickup on tips that will really help you tie. Dick Talleur, Dave Brandt(Catskill style flies) as well as some saltwate tiers are there. You can pickup a lot of good info.

Hal
Old 01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Dave Brandt is a fabulous guy! Every one of the three Joan Wulff classes I took, he was an instructor. If you get a chance to meet him and see his flies...GO! His is made of win!

Tell him the "casting nazi" said hello!

Paula
Old 01-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Default Louisville Show Next Saturday (Jan 26)

For everyone near the Louisville area, the Derby City Fly Fishers are having a show next weekend.

http://www.derbycityflyfishers.com/

The above link has some info.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."