Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2L8 View Post
So, PA, is this just a diversion to keep people out of Abrams? Send me a report, indeed.
I probably won't be fishing down around the mouth of the creek and like 10ML was saying, you'll know if the fish are staging to spawn if you are catching them down around the mouth of the creek...just curious if they are there or not...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 AM

I have been wondering about the run all winter. I'll let you all know how I do with my corn and worms at the mouth this weekend. (I know many of you are reading this part with disgust) LOL. If it makes you all feel any better Iíll weight the worms down with a spark plug just to complete the image. LOL. I think the heavy rains of this week MIGHT turn them on.

In Don Kirkís book it says the run starts in late winter after heavy rains. Could this be the time? LOL. It has got to be fairly close.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Nice fish David! I wouldn't tell the location either! Southern steelhead...Hmmm...be careful! Too much talk and the next thing you know and the banks of all feeder streams will have fresh cut trees, tons of litter, and bumms standing elbow to elbow like up on the lake Erie tribs! Not an image I would like to see let alone conjure up!

aa
2Timothy2:15
Old 02-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Hey PA,
I was fishing the Hiawassee at the Bend this summer and stood frozen as I watched a bald eagle work. He shot down on the water and came up with a nice looking rainbow. As he was ascending the fish managed to drop back to the water. If the bow survived, I can only imagine he carries quite a reminder of his good luck on his body of some type.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 AM

Stephen, great story! I've watched eagles catch fish before but have never seen them lose their catch...that sort of thing would explain some of the wounds I've seen on several fish over the years. I'm always amazed at how tough fish actually turn out to be...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 02-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen thrift View Post
Hey PA,
I was fishing the Hiawassee at the Bend this summer and stood frozen as I watched a bald eagle work. He shot down on the water and came up with a nice looking rainbow. As he was ascending the fish managed to drop back to the water. If the bow survived, I can only imagine he carries quite a reminder of his good luck on his body of some type.
Stephen,

Awesome! You reminded me of a trip to the Henry's Fork a few years back. We were fishing in the box canyon section and things were very slow picking up a bow here and there, when a bald eagle came up through the canyon with a 20" bow in his talons at about 75 feet over our heads, as if to say "what do you need that stick in your hands for?".

46r
Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 PM

Plateau Angler, shoot me an email at scottroy123@hotmail.com. I took a half day of work today to fish lower Abrams.

Later