Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Clinch 2-11

I was planning on heading up to the Clinch tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had fished it lately, and how it fished.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:19 AM

We fished it Sunday. It was very slow. The wind was pretty strong at times. Only managed one small bow up near the dam. We left there and went down below the weir dam for awhile and got nothing there. There were a couple of folks fishing near us up at the big dam using spinning rods and nightcrawlers and they were hauling in some 9 and 10 inch bows with some freqency. It gets hard to watch that sometimes, when you're new to fly fishing like I am. But the passion/obsession for fly fishing is strong enough that I'll probably be there again with fly rod in hand next week.

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Talking My fishing day

Well, the fishing wasn't any more than I expected. It started out a little slow. I had a few good bites, but I was not able to hook any of them. I started up at the weir dam where there was only one other fishermen other than myself. The other guy seemed to have trouble with the fishing as well. I decided to move down to Miller Island around 2 o'clock where i decided to hike all the way down to the end of the island. I fished the run at the end and caught a nice 10 inch bow. It was my best fish of the day. The worst part about the day was the amount of wind. The wind was blowing my casts everywhere. It was spooking the fish a lot too, and I think that had to do with my limited success. But still any day fishing is better than a day at work!!