Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 AM

Default Cheap SLT

First off, Does LRO have any SLT's left? I found a Sage SLT 383-3, yes, 3 piece online for $310. I need some back-up here. I've been thinking lately about a 9' 5wt, Sage VT2 maybe, as a bigger tailwater stick. Should I wait on the 5wt and snatch this up, or get what I actually "need". Is this as good a deal as I think it is? They also have it in 373-3, and both lengths in the 4 piece. I can't have both. HELP ME.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:56 AM

there are some very good deals on those slt's going around. LRO had a few, don't know if they still do. that is an VERY nice rod.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM

Default Hold on there

Save your money, your birthday is right around the corner.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 PM

I have an SLT 389-4 for sale that is used but still has the warranty card and original tube/sock. I have caught a mess of trout with this rod and left the mojo on the cork. The rest of the rod looks brand new. Used one season. If you are interested, e-mail me: mridlon@yahoo.com

aa
2Timothy2:15
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 PM

Default Yo, LRO

This last post brought back to mind something I had wondered before. Have you guys ever considered a swap-n-shop section of the Message Board?

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Default Charlie!

It wouldn't be a very profitable on LRO's behalf! Though I do see your point, but it does bring to mind the liability issue as well! Not to mention people signing up to be board members just to get a good deal! I don't see LRO being held liable for any members wrong doins but it would certainly be an incredible hassle if someone didn't get what they were told they were going to get. LRO would not only have to show up for the court date (Which Paula loves to do! HA HA HA) but they would have to constantly monitor it, and remove folks accordinly provided that were to happen! I think this is why on most forums that have such threads lock it to people who have more than 10 posts, what that resolves I have no idea! I think it's been mentioned in the past...Also not to mention when the PM's were up, there was some issues there of a similar matter!

~Brett
Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 PM

I don't want to speak for Paula or Byron, but I would be very surprised if they moved in the direction of offering a for-sale section here. They do not make money directly from this message board. It's a nice service they provide for their customers and prospective customers. First and foremost, LRO is a fly shop and Paula & Byron and the rest of the staff at LRO makes a living by selling fly fishing stuff to us.

If I had a lightly used like new flasy gold trinket to sell here and you bought it from me, that is a sale of a new flashy gold trinket that LRO lost. I'm sure they could tell you, but I've bought more than one new flashy gold trinket from LRO. I became a customer largely because of this message board.

Quite honestly, becuase of the excellent customer service and the fact they offer this message board where I can share and receive information about fishing in one of my favorite places on God's Earth, LRO had become my "local fly shop" even though they are over 300 miles away.

Jeff

Last edited by jeffnles1; 02-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: I just can't type!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Default Test

Wanted to see the the signature picture showed up.

Guess not!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are all out of SLT's. Those were nice rods. It has come up before but we don't intend to set up a shop and swap section on this board. We have also been asked over the years to allow for a trade-in then re-sell of used equipment. A lot of companies do that but I have one fundamental problem with that. Some of what is traded and auctioned on the internet is stolen. For instance just last week someone in Australia ordered several thousand dollars worth of merchandise from us. He failed our test and we didn't ship. Had we done that our gear would have ended up for sale on the internet. We had two high end fly rods stolen at the same time. We found them online, for sale without tubes and socks. The Orvis store in Sevierville had some reels stolen and they found them online without a box and offered as brand new. We shipped $1,700 worth of tackle to a guy in Ft. Worth in December. He was using a stolen credit card and we got a match on our equipment and he knew the code on the back of the card. It was delivered to a vacant house, he watched UPS on the internet and showed up to pick up what we shipped. It will end up on the internet for sale most likely. We don't want to be part of that. I could tell you plenty of stories. Most of you are friends of ours who are honest. But there is another element out there who are not.

Byron
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM

Default Roger that

Understand the reasoning completely on the "no swap and shop" position. Certainly wouldn't want to detract from the sales of our favorite fly shop.

As to the unscrupulous buyers, I was browsing in another fly shop while my wife was shopping for clothes one day last year (not nearly the selection as LRO, BTW) and overheard the person behind the counter saying that someone had bought $500 worth of fly equipment on their credit card and then reported to the CC company as a fraudulant charge. They lost the equipment and couldn't even follow up with the customer because the bank wouldn't reveal the name of the person who protested the charge. Same class of folks who fish without a license and throw trash in the streams.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com