Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-31-2008, 05:27 PM

Welcome! Nothing wrong with being a gator fan in Vol country. I'm a Tiger fan still and I've been in Tenn for 16 years.

It's great that you are sharing the love of fly fishing with your Dad. I wish my kids would get more into it. Right now with them....if it's not powered by some kind of electronic gadget...they ain't interested!

My son does like to Turkey hunt though so his Dad and I get to share that with him. I'm glad of that.

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM

I welcome a fellow Gator Fan - there are not too many on this site - I attended and work at UF -- but vacation 2 weeks every year in the Smokey's - soon I hope to make it up to the mountains several times a year - I do some fly fishing here in the flat lands but clear water is sometimes difficult to find
Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 PM

Gatorbaiter....thanks for the kind words for my son...I am a second generation Gator and spent my last five years of school in Gainesville...while in law school I frequented some of the local waters with my long pole...have you ever tried Little Lake Sante Fe between Melrose and Keystone Hts....nice sandy bottom with a lot of cypress trees....great wading lake and you never know what you are going to catch....I was also known to cut classes on Friday, drive all night to Elkmont, fish Friday, Sat. and Sun morning and drive back to Gville for classes on Monday....something like that would kill me now.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Hey everybody I am new on this site. My name is AJ Hosenfeld, and I live in Knoxville. I love to fly flish, but I haven't been doing it very long so I hope this site will help me out some.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24 PM

Default Welcome AJH!

Glad to have you aboard. Some great fisherpersons on this board - read and learn.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Rog -- most of last year Lake Santa Fe, Big & Little were lower than I have seen in years -- some docks only had a few inches of water under them - the Cypress were in the same shape - things are slightly better now - but the weather wizards are predicting a dry spring - I hope they are wrong
Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Hey Gatorbaiter....sorry to hear about the lakes....spent many an afternoon after class casting bugs up under those docks and to those cypress trees...can remember on 30 minute period when I brought 4 three pound bass to hand on consecutive casts using one of those old bumblebee bass bugs....hope the experts are wrong....we got 5 inches of rain here in Talllahassee yesterday with another inch predicted this afternoon....right now I am trying to figure out a spring dash to the mountains with my son...