Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-27-2008, 06:39 PM

bamafisherlady,

People keep asking about webcams for fly tying demonstrations. I just haven't figured out the technology yet. My goal is to offer video on this site like others are doing. I want to do it using our own server. I really am looking into it though. If you have any information on the subject please pass it on to me. I havn't heard about having one listed. Anytime you want a photo just ask, I'll stick my camera out the window. I hope you all have had some rain down there and the fishing will improve. Thanks for being involved with the board and making good suggestions.

Byron
Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM

Thanks to you all for the lovely pics. Makes up for a horrible day at the office!
I'll check out that webcam, thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM

Cool Personaly....

...I find it offensive that you would post these kind of pictures of the mountains and snow. Especially since I can't just load up the car and head up that way!

I am so incredibly homesick for the mountains and especially TOWNSEND, and at this point have no idea when we are going to be able to visit again. Our oldest daughter is getting married in a couple of weeks and will be coming up for her honeymoon about the 2nd week of March. I tried to persuade her that her mother and I wouldn't get in the way if we stayed in the cabin next door, but she wouldn't cooperate. To make it even worse I just got home Monday from an unplanned visit and several day stay in one of our fine local hospitals. After almost 2 months of intermittent pain, it was determined that my gallbladder was no longer satisfied to remain a part of my life and it was removed last Sunday evening. At least I'm on the mend now so maybe I can still figure a way to marry off the oldest and stowaway for a quick trip.....at least I can dream!

God Bless,
Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton

Last edited by pmike; 02-27-2008 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Mike,

Our very best prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery...and a speedy return to the mountains.

Paula
Old 02-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Red face Truly a Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
Here's a link to the camera on Look Rock that looks into the Smoky's.

http://www.highcountrywebcams.com/we...s_LookRock.htm

Okay, so it's 9:15 PM and I'm sitting here getting caught up on the message board and I come across this cool link to the Look Rock camera...

Yeah, I clicked on it...

Now, what do y'all think shows up on that camera at 9:15 PM in Febraury?

When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that they still let me drive a car!!

Gerry
Old 02-27-2008, 11:40 PM

Default Thanks Paula :)

Don't know how much longer we can take not being up there, but it always seems like that's the way it is between trips.

I assure ya of this, we will be up as soon as it is possible. My daughter and her husband (to be) will most likely be stopping in the shop. He has come up with us before and like to fish so i am hoping the two of them might find they enjoy fishing as much as Robin and I do.

God Bless & thanks for the well wishes,
Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. I do know some news stations like to have multiple webcams for weather, and your location would be great for that. ABC 33/40 in B' ham has at least 10 set up all over the the Alabama. It makes for some amazing shots (one time I saw a tornado coming into Tuscaloosa from their webcam). Anyway, I surly don't have expertise in this area, but I know you can do a google search for webcams and all kinds from everywhere will come up. I don't think there's a prettier place to have a webcam on the peaceful side of the Smokies than right on top of LRO.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:22 PM

I agree. We'll "get er done" at some point. Thanks for looking into it.

Byron