Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 PM

Default Poisoning at Lynn Camp?

I read this in another site:

"I learned from the National Park Service in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park that they will allow unlimited fishing for Rainbow Trout for a couple of weeks in June in a creek near Tremont on the upper reaches of the Middle Prong of the Little River. They plan to poison the creek after they remove Brook Trout to kill any remaining Rainbow. They will replace the Brook Trout later after the poison has subsided. I thought you might be interersted in this opportunity. Please pass the information along to anyone that might be interested. The exact dates should be available from the NPS within a couple of months or less."

and this:

"The location is Lynn Camp and it is one of my favorite places to fish. It will be closed for five years after the restoration. Most of the bows in the creek run 5-7", but they are still pretty fun. As for the poison, it is called antimycin (sp?) and only affects rainbows. I'm not sure I would drive over the mountain for this fiasco, I have a bad feeling its going to be very crowded. I'll help if they need me, otherwise I'll stay away."

Anyone have any info?