Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCz View Post
Mac, I've had a few folks ask for this, so I've put it up on website, so anyone can grab it. Here is the link: http://webpages.charter.net/petecz/Fishing.html

There is an explanation of what the columns means and how I came to some of my conclusions. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks.............
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Pete,
Wow.. That was so much help! I still have a few questions though I was wondering about.. I was just going send you a pm but it said it was disabled. Anybody know how to get it to work??
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM

@ Ryano: PM's are disabled.

@ PeteCz: That spreadsheet is a wonderful resource! Thank you much.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 PM

The PM function was disabled last year after some issues....

Send your questions to me at petecz at charter.net, or post them here, I'd be happy to help. I have followed the conversations on this board for quite sometime and have really benefited from it. Many folks much smarter than me have shared their knowledge quite freely, so I am more than happy to help where I can...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Last edited by PeteCz; 03-25-2008 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: brain cramp...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Default Thanks Pete

Your spead sheet is excellant. Thanks for the effort and for sharing.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 PM

Default No Reservations??

Where would be a good spot to go if we didnt have reservations?? We was really hoping to get to go not this weekend, but next. I believe the sheet said that you needed reservations in advance no less than a month..
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 AM

Default You can't make reservations more than 1 month in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I believe the sheet said that you needed reservations in advance no less than a month..
Actually its the other way around, you can't make reservations for more than a month in advance:
If your itinerary includes a reserved site or any shelter, you must call the Backcountry Reservation Office at (865) 436-1231 to make reservations. The Backcountry Reservation Office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. daily. You may make reservations up to one month in advance of the first day of your trip.

I doubt that any/many of the reservation-only sites have filled up for next weekend. Give the number a call and see.

If you would prefer not to have reservations then campsite #30 may be the way to go. Its a first-come-first-to-camp campsite, that's about 2 miles past #24 (6.2 miles from the Elkmont TH)

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Ya, I actually talked to a women from LRO yesterday and that is what she suggested. I guess we will make the "easy" walk to camp #30. How is the fishing around this campsite?? Any good places around it we should try and hit while we are there? I guess our plan is to get to the mountains around 2 or 3 next friday and start the walk. We should have camp set before dark and be ready for fishing on saturday and sunday..

Ryan
Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM

You will pass a lot of great water getting to 30....for such a short trip I would quit at 24....I would get up Sat. Morning and start fishing on Fish Camp Prong....hike up to where the trail narrows and start fishing....the stretch from the foot bridge back up to camp can be productive.....Sunday morning you can fish above the campsite and may hit some brookies.....while in camp also dabble in Rough Creek....usually can catch a couple of browns in some of the bigger pools....some nice water along the LR trail heading up....after you cross the Huskey Gap bridge and the trail comes back to the river there are some great dry fly runs along the road....just pick your spot and go for it...let us know how you do....
Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Appreciate the advice! We were just really wanting to get away.. From everybody hopefully! lol.. Thats kinda the reason for going on up to 30. We will definately give those spots a try. This is our first trip to the smokies and I am really starting to get excited.. Just one week!

Ryan