Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-11-2008, 06:25 PM

Default Greenbriar with Hugh Hartsell

Met Hugh at Greenbriar on Tuesday morning. After about an hour of getting the kinks and bad habits out of my cast, we got down to business. After missing on several hits I got the first one on the hook. Got about 5 before lunch and a couple more after lunch. What a thrill!

Hugh is great. His instruction and knowledge are top notch and helped my learning curve a great deal. I really enjoyed the day with him and encourage anyone thinking about giving him a call to do so. I also enjoyed hearing about the history of the area.

I started fly fishing one year ago this month and finally feel that I am on the right track. I think working with Hugh and taking the beginners class at LRO are great things to do. As always, the entire 4 hour trip home was telling the wife about the thrill of catching a trout and when can we come back.

One other highlight of the trip was the trip to the children's stream in gburg. My 3 year old hooked into a really big trout and after about 5 minutes and having several people gather to watch, we netted an 11 inch trout. That was great.

Looking forward to the next trip.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 PM

Default My thanks

David,
It was my pleasure to be able to guide you and spend some great time together in the Park. It was a beautiful day and what a great feeling to see a new flyfisherman get it all together and bring a few fish to hand. I hope that you get to come back to the mountains of East Tenn. real soon and keep expanding those skills that we worked on.
Hugh
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 PM

New tricks to pass on to Cardfly Jr.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 PM

Thanks Hugh,

I'll keep working on everything you showed me and Charlie, went out with Cardfly Jr. on Thursday to work on those new tricks.

We'll be back as soon as possible.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."