Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Default Little River Clean-up Saturday Apirl12

April 12: Little River Clean-Up
9AM - Metcalf Bottoms Picnic Area
The Little River Chapter of Trout Unlimited on Saturday April 12: is sponsor the Little River Clean-Up. Sign up is from 8Am to 9AM - Metcalf Bottoms Picnic Area. The clean-up is from 9am to 12 noon/1pm depending the area you are cleaning up. Then there will be free lunch provided by the LRCTU. After lunch there will be plenty of time to go fishing. We hope to see as many people as possible. The more help we have the larger area we can clean.

For more information please call
Joe Hatton
558-8782
Old 04-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Cleanup, picnic lunch and fishing - ahhhhh!

While it was not a record turn-out, we had a good sized crew for the cleanup. Steve Moore and Matt Kulp dispatched the crews by tossing out pairs of pickers along the road, then leapfroging crew members after they completed their stretch of roadside.
Mike Steihl performed his ususal gastronomic magic with hotdogs and hamburgs (provided by Wal-Mart) which were accompanied by various condiments and snacks.
Several folks followed took advantage of the afternoon and tested the water. I saw a few stoneflies on the wing, and spotted some large mayfly nymphs, but only managed to hook one little Rainbow. The feel of the water, the wildflowers everywhere along the bank, and the occasional bump made for a pleasant afternoon.
Combining the satisfaction of cleaning the road, stuffing my face and waving my 3-wt made for another wonderful day in the Park.