Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 PM

Default Watauga 04-20-08

Gotta be quick, just wanted to share the picks! Show off the new toy! It's late and I've got court first thing in the morning!

The new ride!

Adam brought several of these guys to hand...simultaniously! This was during a triple on the caddis riffle!

Byron, here's a shot of the damage being done, at the campground...No more wade access at the campground!

Here's a shot of one of dad's catches...

There were several fish brought to hand. Not a spectacular day on the Watauga, but good none the less! It's been a little tough up there as of late. Very, very sparse hatches of caddis! They are a light cocoa brown if your planning on going! Be prepared to throw BWO's on an overcast day! We saw sulphurs and believe it if you will, YELLOW SALLIES, coming off later in the day...A few light cahills or something very close! Cream and grey midges worked too..Very little surface activity for an overcast day!

~Brett
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Good stuff Brett! I've been waiting to see those pictures of your boat...the suspense was killing me... Glad you got out and had a good time. I'll be out of school in just over a week and then should be able to float sometime...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-22-2008, 01:18 PM

Brett- Nice boat. I'm glad they were able to put the seat in the front for me this time.
Seriously- if you need another excuse to "try out the new boat" you know where I live.

Thanks for the good report
-Ben