Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Yet another newbie

Hey guys,

I am a computer engineering student from Mississippi State that just got a co op job with Denso in Maryville. I have bass fished, bream fished, bowfished, crappie fished, even hand grabbed (noodled) for big cats in the tombigbee river all my life. I figured that since I was going to be in the area for the next 8 months or so that I would take the opportunity to learn how to fly fish for trout. I have been reading over these forums the past couple of days and from what I could tell there are a lot of good guys that really know their stuff. I'm looking forward to to making some friends and hopefully catching a fish or two along the way!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:15 PM

Welcome to the board!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://troutzoneanglers.com
http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com

Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 PM

jzimmerman,

Welcome to the board. You will learn a lot about fly fishing here. I've done every kind of fishing in my life since I was a kid including trot lines, jingle poles, and explosives. But I have never had the guts to noodle. It must be a rush to pull one of those big cats out of the water with your bare hands. I guess I've fished for snapping turtles too often and I know what they can do to you. One almost got my finger when I was about 13 years old, It was a 17 pounder, my largest turtle to date. I also used to trap muskrats when I was a kid and wouldn't want to get ahold of one of those by mistake. Come on by the shop and we'll get you started in the sport of fly fishing. You will love Blount County. We're glad to have you here.

Byron
Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Welcome jzimmerman,
You will really like living near the smokies. Byron is right when he will get you set up. Make sure to ask lots of questions because they all know so much.
Enjoy your time here.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 PM

Smile Welcome

Welcome and don't be afraid to ask anything.
I'm fairly new to the board as well and these guys can offer alot of helpful information. Hopefully I will be able to return the favor one day and give a new member some advice as well. But for now I will stick with what I know and that's not much.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:32 PM

jzimmerman, Glad to have you in East Tenn. Just a warning about fly fishing-You may not be able to stop! If noodling is in your past then you are a person that loves fishin'. The mountain streams and tail waters of this area will suck you into their spell. It will do mojo on you. If you have any questions plenty of us willing to help. Tight Lines, Monktrout
Old 05-05-2008, 01:06 PM

My brother is a computer engineer over at Denso. He and I both fish the Clinch river a lot.

Welcome to E.TN