Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Default Watts Bar lake

I am taking a trip for several days to Whitestone Bed/Bfast with my wife. Does anyone have suggestions for fly fishing there or guides that work that area? Most guides listed are "striper or bass guides" and none list fly fishing as an option? Many thanks ajh
Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM

I live near Watts Bar (note my name), but the number of people who fly fish it is so low, I don't think you'll find a Watts Bar guide who specializes in flyfishing. Most flyfishing here is during the willowfly hatches in late June and July. You might do well to call some of the bass guides and tell them what you'd like to do. This time of year, there are shallow bass, and if they guide knows that's what you are looking for and how you want to fish, he might be able to get you into some fish in the backs of major creeks. If not, maybe he knows a guide who also flyfishes for kicks. If you can get them to think shallow or topwater, any bass guide might be able to help you.

Fishing opportunities around PaintRock (where Whitestone is) are limited since lake access is pretty spread out. Where are you coming from and what are you interested in catching? And when?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Default Guide

herlinja, Don't know much about fishing the lake. If however you are looking to fish a river for trout, you are about 1-1 1/2 hours from the Tellico, Hiwassee, or the Clinch. Little River Outfitters can recommend guides. If it is the lake you want to fish maybe someone on the board will know a lake guide who is familiar with fly fishing. Sure knots, Monk
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 PM

On the first full moon in May the bluegill and redear will be on the beds. Great fishing with fly. watt bar