Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-05-2008, 04:22 PM

Default Floating The Little River

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on floating the LR from perry's mill to the water treatment plant at sevierville rd. I have a coleman crawdad I use to float the clinch and nolichucky. Im going after Smallies, and was wondering what kind of conditions to expect with the river. Shoals don't bother me, but drop offs do. Is this section even floatable, how long would it take and has anyone ever tried it?

Thanks

EB
Old 05-08-2008, 04:30 PM

So no one on here has ever floated the Little River?? WOW thats hard to believe.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM

I paddle this section often in a canoe. (although last year I only went one time due to the lack of flow). There is some pretty good smallmouth and redeye fishing. The only tricky part was right before coulters bridge (the bridge behind Heritage High school). I would recommend staying to the left of the river as much as you can before heading under the bridge. I am a little unsure what the colemand crawdad looks like but I don't think you should have any major problems with dropoffs. When you reach Sevierville road, I would take out just under the bridge. Below the bridge is a rock that will get you every time. It once punctured a hole in the john boat I was in.
Good Luck!

God Bless,
DWT