Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Trout in Cane Creek Near Fall Creek Falls??

I am heading up to Falls Creek Falls in a bit and was curious to know if there are trout in either stream - Piney Creek or Cane Creek. Seems like there ought to be, but not sure about it. Will take my trout gear if there is, and bass gear if there's not. Heck, I may take both anyway!! Guess I am just a bit beyond curious. Thanks for any info.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:56 PM

I've been curious about that too. I wonder if the lack of response is that there are trout there but nobody is talking? Maybe it's because there just aren't any trout
Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 PM

i live in the area cane creek is put and take with the last stocking in may. the map of stocking locations is on the twra web site they are on hwy. 285 access is easy but the pressure is high because the stream follows the road. hiking up above the hwy 285 /30 junction would be less pressured but you need to talk to a park ranger about permits because that is park property
Old 05-17-2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I fished for bass instead in the lake. Didn't do real good on that end. Anyway, that's okay. A day fishing is always a good day! I was just curious because the water should be, IMO, cold enough to support trout. When I didn't see much in reponse, I assumed it wasn't all that great. Good to know that. Thanks for sharing.