Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 04-04-2008, 07:29 PM

Default Healing Waters

We are going to bring Healing Waters to East Tennnessee. If you are interested in helping please e-mail me. Stumpy Bass, please get on here and explain the program. I'll know more after you are here next week.

http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/

Byron
Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 PM

Byron as you know I live in Middle Tennessee, But I will do what ever I can to help. Also I am also intrested in Casting for a Cure, They gave a presentation to MTFF last month. What a great outfit and I am sure Healing waters does as fine of a job. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Default Healing Waters

There is a place in Southwest Vigina called Riverbound. It is in Lebanon, VA. There are wheel chair ramps at several holes and roads near or right beside many parts of the stream. It is a pay to fish setup but the fishing is unbelievable. Talk to Eddie at The Fly Shop in Johnson City, he guides there and can put you in touch with the owner.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 AM

Default Healing Waters

Count me in. I would like to help. I have a friend that did a hunt in the Crossville area for wounded soldiers and it was very much appreciated!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:16 PM

Hey Guys,

I sent an e-mail to John Bass and told him we could get started in June. I have some information that he dropped by the shop including a DVD. I also have received e-mail from other volunteers. They are in a file waiting for action.

Byron
Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to jpavoncello

I'm way up here in PA but if I know soon enough when you're having the event, I'll come down for a few days to help out. If I can't let me know if there is any equipment or anything else I can donate.
John
Old 05-19-2008, 12:05 AM

I am glad to see the interest. You guys need to jump on this with both feet. It is one of the most gratifying things I have ever been associated with. I wish I could get there from WY. Theseguys and gals will flat out fish. I participated last year in Livingston and it is amazing what a person can do if the he puts his mind to it. I watched instead of helping one tie great trout flies with an artifical hand and they fished well the next day.

Butte Irish