Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Camping on Holston?

Is there anywhere to camp between Indian Cave and Nance's Ferry? I know there is probably not a certified campground but is there anyone who has done it that could give some ideas. I'm going to make that float sometime soon and am wanting to spend the night halfway. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyC

You could sleep in your car at Nances Ferry, but take a pistol to fend off the 1 A.M. meth deals (true story).

I really don't think there any places unless you know someone with an empty lot or two, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:07 AM

I've seen people camp right there at Indian Cave including a boy scout troop once. I remember because I was so irked; the generation schedule was perfect, we got up real early and were ready for a full day of fishing on the Holston. We drove down to the boat ramp at the dam and there was a horde of boy scouts putting their fleet of canoes in the water. We had already left a car at Indian Cave and we weren't going back, so we regrettably stuck with our plan. Those kids were paddling around right in front of us all day. There was a great caddis hatch coming off that day, but needless to say we didn't catch a thing! It took us all day to get to Indian Cave and when we got there they were setting up camp. I suppose they were getting ready to get up the next day and ruin someone else's fishing trip to Nance's Ferry.

Anyway, I know it's technically private land, but I don't know what kind of permission you would need to camp there.

Last edited by golfballs03; 05-20-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyC

that, as they say, blows.