Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Default mighty Hiwassee

The mighty Hiwassee returns to increased flow schedule this weekend for the summer. How will it affect the bugs? the water temps? the fish? Only one way to find out. I'll be there 3 or 4 times a week and will faithfully report. Unless I forget. Regardless of the fishery; the most beautiful river in the world. Google search Madoc the Welsh Explorer who settled here 300 years before Columbus "discovered" America.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:02 PM

I had planned on going there next week for a couple of days. What can I expect? I've only been there twice and that was with no generation. I'd hate to waste my vacation days by hitting the wrong spot. I can go anywhere in east Tennessee if anyone has a suggestion.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:56 PM

Default E TN fishing

heyski, If I could go anywhere in East TN I would start with the tail waters in upper east TN. The South Holston and Watauga should be fishing well into June. You could work your way to the Smokies, check out LRO, and do some mountain stream fishing. Always beautiful, rarely easy fishing. You could continue your mountain stream fishing in the Tellico area. Check the special regs. Then slide over to my favorite river, the Clinch. Into June your better fishing may be within the dam to Millers Island area. Sneak into Middle TN. The Caney Fork has picked up. Crowds are big on the weekends-be forewarned! Have fun. Monk