Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-25-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Mtn Mike Here's for you.

I'm completely in love with this stream. Just came back from more exploring on this jewel. Fantastic hatches, Green Drakes of all things. Caught 10 Browns and 6 Rainbows last night. One was 13" and I lost one bigger one.

Got up this morning after a sleepless night at the camp ground, party anyone? LOL> I only managed to catch 5 Browns and one bow today. The browns were all wild today. I was wearing the stockers out yesterday. I think my bow was a stocker today. I don't have words to describe this stream. Btw, the time on the picture is obviously wrong. I managed to mess up the setting without realizing it.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Hans, Glad you had a great time. I'm guessing you were somewhere up in remote NE TN from the sounds of things.

That's an awesome waterfall. Its truly an inspiring feeling standing at the base of a large waterfall and seeing/hearing/feeling the power of the water and nature. I was up on Road Prong today and mesmerized by the large falls up there. But the one in your picture looks to be even 3-4 times larger than the one on RP. Awesome!

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 AM

Glad to hear you had a good time. I recognize that waterfall. I've wanted to fish that stream, but just haven't given it a chance yet. Stupid move on my part. Do you mind telling me if those pictures are of the same stream or if they are different? I don't need to know names, I just want to get an idea of what kind of water to expect if they are the same stream.

ben
Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Hans, I merged the thread for you and removed the duplicate post.

Paula
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 AM

Paula, many thanks, Milligan yes to your question. I take it you leave up that way, I'm looking for someone to go with me to a particular stretch on this water. I'm planning for later this year. Contact me if you are interested. ahlstedt@knology.net

Thanks\
Old 05-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Thanks Hans

This has been a work around the house weekend. Just came in from cleaning the garage and washing the cars. Gonna clean up and head to the grill for a family cook-out. Glad I checked the board. I know both of those places well. I'm glad you are enjoying the fishing up there. Let me know some time and we will get together to fish it. I'll have to say I have never encountered a green drake hatch up there. I was considering heading to another stream that is famous for them last week, but I fished the SoHo instead.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:51 PM

Mike!

Would be an honor to fish with you. I have a couple of spots I would like to try but not by myself. Love the area and I guess the water temp is not a problem in the summer. It was a constant 62 during my visit. I have to plan another camping trip. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 PM

Cool

Hans,

Can I see a pic of that 13 incher? For some reason you always seem to catch the bigger fish when I am not there to verify the size.

The Skeptic
Old 05-27-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennswede View Post
Paula, many thanks, Milligan yes to your question. I take it you leave up that way, I'm looking for someone to go with me to a particular stretch on this water. I'm planning for later this year. Contact me if you are interested. ahlstedt@knology.net

Thanks\

I go to school near there. I'm an hour and half from there now for the summer. I've wanted to fish that stream, but haven't wanted to do it alone, so I usually pass it up. I have fished some other good wild brown/bow streams up the road a little from there though. I'll save your email, and give you a heads up if I get a chance to come up that way this summer. I'll be back up in august for a while though.

ben
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Neal!

The fish was exactly 33.02 cm. I don't have a camera that can handle such a huge fish. You just have to take my word for it. Keep me posted on that high country one nighter you are planning.