Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Default Mill Creek in Hickman County?

I found a map on this page: http://www.state.tn.us/twra/gis/trou..._r2_trout.html that says there are trout in Mill Creek in Hickman County. Has anyone ever been there or heard anything about it? It's 14 on the map. Looks like from the PDF (click on the number 14) that there are 7 stocking sites for this area.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:56 PM

I fished there 20 years ago but not recently. Had to dodge the junk refrigerators etc.

sb
Old 06-05-2008, 07:28 PM

tough enuff comes to mind as well as banjo music & disgusting talk.

Grumpy
Old 06-05-2008, 09:20 PM

I've fished there several times over the last 5-6 years, and it's...OK. It's a pretty small creek in the middle of nowhere in Hickman County. You'll find 10-15 inch stockers with hardly any fins. I think they only stock March through May though, so the fishing is probably slowing down for the year.

The folks that live around the spot I usually went were always nice, but I've heard of some fishermen having some trouble with the locals. There's a percentage of them that don't care to share their waters.

Mill Creek is an hour from where I live, and the Caney Fork is an hour and a half (but a much easier drive). Over the last year I've only gone to the Caney...it's a much better experience.