Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Redfish62
Default Fatherís day at chimney tops,

Had a nice fatherís day at Sunday morning with the family and headed up to the Chimney tops that afternoon. Got up there about 3 pm and there were a lot of people and fish. Started out with a yellow elk hair caddis I tie myself and had no reason fish with any thing else. Caught a lot of nice bows, more than I expected and many in the 6Ē to 7Ē range, had an audience standing on the bridges watching me catch a couple. Always get a little nervous fishing around a crowed. It was great I do not believe I have ever seen so many fish and the water was crystal clear. In addition to the quality bows was a few of the absolutely spectacular Smoky Mountain brook trout. Had one that was just over 7Ē and so colorful just hard to describe. Usually I take my camera with me but it has developed some problems. Oh well nothing to complain about. Read Jzimmermanís report it was a great weekend at the Chimneyís but I did not grand slam either.