Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Default Anyone have a Cumberland River Fishing Report?

I hope to visit the Cumberland River this week. I am looking for any info concerning water levels and what the fish might be eating. I have heard the cicadas are out and some end up in the water and are taken by trout. I am familiar with the upper river but what how does the river fish with one generater near Helms? I will have a boat. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Default A little help!

A good friend of ours and forum member, Bill, went up about a week and a half ago...Said the fishing was unreal! Fish won't take a nymph, and they're eating a ton of cicadas! Sounds like some real fun if you tie or can get your hands on that pattern....I'd imagine there still coming off strong and will more than likely continue through the summer!

Bill, has fished this water for over 7yrs and knows alotta folks that regularly fish that water...I'd get with him for a report...I believe his board name is billspey

Hope that helps!
~Brett
Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 PM

I fished it this weekend at the dam. Wading was almost non-existence with 2. With 1 generator operating I as able to wade some with one gen. Caught many rainbows and browns. Caught my largest bow ever at over 20 in. mostly early morning or late evening. soft hackles and pt nymphs.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:33 PM

Default Cumberland

I went to the TU meeting last night. Someone had fished there over the weekend and said it was outstanding.

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.