Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Default Byron - A little fishy was he?

This is the city, Townsend, Tennessee. Normally a quiet, peaceful, out-of-the-way place where anglers go for their piscine fix. That was how it was until the appearance of "the tackle thief". That's where Byron comes in.

Seriously, I am really sorry that you were not able to catch this guy. At one time, I had a staff of 12 loss prevention guys that reported to me. You just would not believe some of the stories I have heard. People will try anything because, for the most part, they are never caught or prosecuted, and if they are, they are released because the amount of theft was below the level to be classified as a felony. It takes a lot of tippet sales to cover the loss of that merchandise. I will try and do my part and buy a new reel and line soon.

Again, I wish you could have caught that guy.

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Don,

You probably know this but I was in the drycleaning and printing business in Nashville. We had stores spread all over Davidson County. I could tell you some stories. I even had an employee shot and killed in one of the stores during an armed robery. I have experienced every kind of theft and cheating that you can think of in my 35 years in business. I have met and had to deal with a lot of low life people. It just goes with the territory. These kinds of things make life interesting. Had I not made a couple of mistakes yesterday that guy would have been behind bars. You live and you learn. In this business there has not been much of that kind of activity. I'll get the next one.

Thanks for your show of kindness.

Your Friend,

Byron