Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs03 View Post
That is a matter of opinion. Petey told him how far it was and made it perfectly clear it was an all day trip. If you don't know him or his family, it is a little presumptuous to determine what they will or will not enjoy.

Tampico access is private. I'm sure we can all list a host of other private accesses on the Holston and if you want to recommend them to people, fine, but for you to make the statement that "all of the above is incorrect" is incredibly ridiculous. Tone down your inane commentary, please.
Wrong on Tampico. The true boat take out is private, however, just downstream of there is a place which is inside the hwy. right of way (which is public) and the high water mark. Making it perfectly legal to take a canoe out there. And about a mans family, having fished people out of all of these rivers I can personally attest to looking out for others to keep them out of harms way.

"Inane commentary", ahh never mind it is not worth my time to respond to that drivel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyspey View Post
INDIAN CAVE IS NOT A PUBLIC TAKE OUT even the owner allows use, be respectful and obtain permission for use
Thank you, and I am glad to see someone say something about that. Yes they do allow public use, but it is always courteous to ask permission just to keep an even keel.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Everyone behave, please.

Paula
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 PM

I would like to welcome our new member to the board
It is a long float to whereever you are gonna take out at. Anybody that doesn't think so can get behind the oars and row while I fish. I'll even bring lunch

Curtis

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtyman View Post
I would like to welcome our new member to the board
It is a long float to whereever you are gonna take out at. Anybody that doesn't think so can get behind the oars and row while I fish. I'll even bring lunch

Curtis
I am hungry, and like to row. It comes at a price however.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:27 AM

if confluence of public right-of-ways, like public roads and TVA's, constitutes a take-out for boaters then there may be more ways to get in and out of the river than I said, but if safety and family access is a concern, seems risky and my groups never considered them. We have, however, enjoyed day trips and good fishing using the established ones.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:40 PM

Is there any relation to the RunningWolf of past and the "new" WaterWolf...if not, there sure does seem to be some eeire resemblence...
Old 06-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

No,there isn't.

Paula
Old 06-21-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Begley View Post
No,there isn't.

Paula
IP checked! Haha. But the Holston seems a lot like the Caney Fork to me, from the way you guys are describing it. Really long with a lot of pissy landowners.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
IP checked! Haha. But the Holston seems a lot like the Caney Fork to me, from the way you guys are describing it. Really long with a lot of pissy landowners.
Not at all, the landowners on the Holston are extremely nice mainly because they haven't been peed on by disrespective fisherman and the ones who do access across them have been very courteous.

Maybe those days of irritable landowners are gone.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:11 PM

we don't want it to become the caney fork , so be respectfull of the land owners ask permission before you cross even if you know he doesn't care!!!!!!!!!! i don't care what joe blow has told me i will ask for myself.