Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 PM

Talking Daytona!

I just found out that we are going to Daytona to watch my brother-in-law Race.

After all the racing is over we are going to spend a few days on the beach to relax.

What do you guys know about that area for surf fishing? I will definetly be bringing my fly rod and I will need to know what kind of flies I should tie?
We will have the two young boys with us, so if there is any places to go that are more family friendly I would appreciate those suggestions.

If there is info that you don't want everyone else to know you can send me and email at flyfishjeep@hotmail.com

Thanks for the info, I know there is a little bit of time between now and July 3rd. but I'm excited to have a trip planned. There will definetely be some pictures to share when we return.
Thanks again,
Ben
Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Exclamation Need more help!

Well since nobody fishes in the Atlantic I guess I will have to educate everyone when I get back...
We are looking at driving down to Daytona this upcoming weekend and instead of driving straight down we are going to drive over to Columbia, SC and then hit the coast for the rest of the trip down.

Does anyone have any recomendations for places to stop and fish along the Georgia Coast? I have never been down that far and I have no idea where to start. I need to tie some saltwater flies this week, and I need some suggestions.
Thanks,
Ben
Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

I don't know anything about fishing in the area but I do know the area alittle.

Daytona in one word: DIRTY.

Being that it gets thrashed once every year by drunk kids(Spring Break), its just flat out nasty. If it were me, I would find a place away from Daytona and drive in for the race.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 AM

We got a phone call last night from my in-laws and they just now told us the race was at 8-11 pm! That doesn't fly when you have 2 young kids. They also said that we would have to drive 2 hours away to find a hotel since they only reserved their own even though they invited us. How nice are they?

So plans have changed and I think we will go to the OBX and camp at Frisco Beach and fish like crazy while the kids play on the beach next to me.

I am going to post another thread asking some new questions.

To be honest, I wasn't excited to go down to Daytona and I am much happier heading to the NC coast.
-Ben