Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 06-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Smile Hello From a Not-So-Young Newbie

At my age I'm always looking for ways to claim being a newbie at anything.

I'm glad to sign on with the best message board on the subject anywhere, bar none. I'm an East TN native, but had managed to overlook for the first 40+ years of my life the best sport and its glorious local venues that existed until my brother introduced me to fly-fishing.

Iíve gotten to experience these gems of the Smoky Mountains: Abrams Cr; Big Cr; Cataloochee Cr; Cosby Cr; Deep Cr; Middle & West Prong of Little Pigeon R; East, Middle & West Prongs of Little R; Road Prong; & Roaring Fork Cr.

Iíve been blessed to fly fish Tennessee trout streams & tailwaters including Beaverdam Cr (my first fish), Caney Fork R, Elk R, Ft Patrick Henry TW, Hiwassee R, Horse Cr, Laurel Fork Cr (my first wild), Paint Cr, Rocky Fork Cr, S. Holston TW (my first bow), S. Indian Cr, Stoney Cr, Upper Roan Cr, Tellico R, & Watauga R.

Iíve also been fortunate to fish trophy streams in Montana & Wyoming and spring creeks in Wisconsin.

I can't claim to be good at the sport, but will be happy to help out anyone the board in any way I can.

JoeFred
Old 06-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Welcome to the board!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:25 PM

Welcome JoeFred!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 AM

Default Welcome

JF,
Don't feel bad - I was almost 55 before I took up fly fishing last year. Almost 55 years wasted. Sounds like you have a few streams (a most likely quite a few fish) under your belt.

Welcome to our community of addicts.

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM

Hello,
Talk about never to late. I signed up today although I've been trout fishing for over 50 years. I started with Tellico and have mostly fished the Little River watershed on and off over the last 20 years. As you can tell from my user name I have other hobbies. Aim High and Tight Lines
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Default Welcome to the board!

Hey, welcome to the LRO board JoeFred ! Hope you enjoy it. Lots to learn here, its a great source of information and a great place to share what ya know. Fly fishing is one of those things that once you start you cant stop, and when youre not doin it , its what you wanna be doin. Lookin forward to learning from your vast knowledge of fly fishin! Best of luck and good fishin to ya!
Mark <::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."