Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Smile New to trout fishing

Hello everyone,

I just registered at this site after viewing some of the topics for a few days and really liked what i saw, seems to be a lot of good advice and members on this forum. I have been fly fishing for a good while now in lakes and saltwater and was wanting to try trout fishing. I have never been for trout but the way I hear people talking about how spooky and peculiar they are I think they would provide me with a good chase. I was wondering about the areas that ya'll are talking about such as Elkmont and around the Townsend area and if there were good places to stay around there that were not far from good fishing waters.

I also have been tying most of my own flys for about three years now and just recently started working with the small trout flys that ya'll talk about in some of the forums and MAN those little hooks sure are different than the bass and big saltwater hooks. I bought some size 16 dry fly hooks and could barely see them so needless to say it was real funny when I tried to tie some of them but I about got the hang of it.

If you could share any information about a good place to stay at not far from some good water it would be well appreciated. I also realize that the good waters you might have to hike for a little bit to get to them but if its a better catch a little exercise would be well worth it. I would also like to know if October is a good month for trout fishing because that was when I was thinking of coming up.

Thanks and Happy Fishing,
Stump