Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 AM

Default TN visit

I'm not sure this is really the place to post this but here goes: We made our second trip of the year to G-burg last week and whoa has that place become a mess in the last 16 or 17 years we've been going! I think the crowds were worse than ever with the tax free w/e etc. Anyhow what I wanted to get at is we made 2 trips to LRO during the 7 days we were out and despite other things in our vacation being a hassle, our visits to the shop were, as usual, a nice experience. The first trip I caught Byron downstairs and we chatted awhile and he gave me one of his poppers and helped me with gathering mat'l to tye my own. Daniel and Ted both gave some assistance too on buying a good tying vice and choosing hooks and mat'l. I just wanted to give a plug because each time I go out and stop by it's been a pleasant experience. They're very knowledgeable, helpful, and it doesn't hurt things to have the nicest fly shop I've ever had pleasure to be in, thanks a lot guys and I'll see you next time. Already looking forward to next year---Bran
Old 08-11-2008, 11:23 AM

Default You are so right

I stopped in the other day to ask about a good place to take my seven year old, and they were awesome. he pointed my up to Elkmont and dispite my kid splashing and getting hung up on everything imaginable we had a great time. didn't catch anything but i think we got my boy hook on casting flies now. wich is a step in the right direction. We are already talking about our next big trip to the mountians, Gotta luv it