Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Default bluffs location

to get to the bluffs cross the dam and turn rt.... follow that road about 2 miles or so.... you cant miss them big rock wall on the left side of the road..... a couple pulloffs are there along the same side as the river
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 PM

So tell me more about these bluffs.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:38 PM

Default hey doghair

the bluffs are just a rock wall next to the road ...the river in this area is a long deep hole slow moving water..... just below is a nice riffle and above them the river shallows up a bit.... i have had my best luck on the up river end of them.... i have not fished the down river end of therm yet .... the fish i have caught have been a little bit bigger closer to 12"browns.... i would think with the deep water it might be good for a bank fisherman using bait ...or if you weighted your flys and got them deepthere may be some monster browns in there ... thats all i can tell you hope it helps
Old 08-16-2008, 03:16 PM

I've walked all the way down river of the bluffs to where the sand bars are and the river gets real narrow and shallow. After that the water gets deep quick. You can't wade to much farther if I remember correctly. I think you could walk along the shore for a while though.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Right before the bluffs is where I pulled my biggest Caney brown out of a deep hole. We were drifting through and he hit a #20 grey thread midge with a silver bead. I've also done real well wading down from the dam to the last bend right before the bluffs. Lots of good water to sight-fish for browns, bows and large mouths in the trench along the small bluff on the right side of the river