In about a week my Son and I will be heading out to SW Colorado for a 10 day camping/fishing trip. We will be staying mostly in the Wemuniche and South San Juan Wilderness areas and fishing small streams (Three Forks of the Conejos, Vallecito Creek, etc).
With that in mind, I've been tying flies for the trip for quite awhile. Here is what I've concentrated my tying on:
- EHC Caddis (Olive, Tan and Brown) 12-16,
- Trudes (Royal and Lime) 14-16,
- Stimulators (Yellow) 12-16,
- Wulffs (Royal and Adams[Thunderheads]) 12-14
- Doc's Corks (Yellow, Orange and Chartruese) 12-14 [I haven't tied these yet]
I've tied some other odds and ends, but am wondering if I'm missing something obvious for that type of fishing. I haven't tied any nymphs, soft-hackles or Hoppers and will probably purchase those.
What else would you suggest?