Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Byron, That fly is a really great fly. I am not sure if you can wear it out. Kent took me down on the river is GA cfor scholaie bass and one pushing 18 ate one and it was great.

The fly works well for the gills in Callaway and i heard that the conclave is mid MAY NEXT YEAR SO you can go and check it out for yourself.

The fly is good on the Nolichucky and on the FB, the new in va & NC, the other rivers in VA, and the ones in Vermont, New Hampshire and maine and conn. and the Buffalo in Arkansas. It even worked in N wisconsin and MN. The fly is almost as good as one of my hair bugs. LOL LOL LOL

I'll let you know later this year about my new secret smallie streams in Wyoming and montana.

Butte irish Dave
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 AM

I sure like mine but I haven't learned how to tie a really good one yet, still practicing it. Nice fish Gary!!--Bran
Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Anyone know where I might could buy some of these? Does LRO have them?
"Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave7676 View Post
Anyone know where I might could buy some of these? Does LRO have them?
I don't think anyone is carrying the SB fly for sale. Kent Edmonds is the fly designer and he may sell them. He was nice enough to give us the pattern template and they are pretty easy to tie. I think they are a better fly than the Gurgler and look how popular they are!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
I don't think anyone is carrying the SB fly for sale. Kent Edmonds is the fly designer and he may sell them. He was nice enough to give us the pattern template and they are pretty easy to tie. I think they are a better fly than the Gurgler and look how popular they are!

Well how would I contact him? Or is there anyone here that would be willing to tie and sell me a few of them since i dont know how to tie or have the time to get into fly tying?
"Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 PM

Sorry Dave - the stealth is my fly but I don't tie it for sale. I can barely keep enough tied for my guide trips.

Find someone to whip up a few. Or it's a good place to start tying - a little craft-shop foam, some thread, rubber legs, bucktail and a basic vise from Byron and you'll be in biz.

In the meanwhile, try a Turck's Tarantula or a Whitlock Swimming Frog.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Hi Kent,

Thank you for sharing your great fly with all anglers. I'm going to tie them for redfish and of course bass. Check your e-mail. I sent you one to ask if you could demonstrate your skills at Troutfest 2009.

Byron
Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 AM

Thanks, Byron. I got your mail & will be in touch.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave7676 View Post
Well how would I contact him? Or is there anyone here that would be willing to tie and sell me a few of them since i dont know how to tie or have the time to get into fly tying?

Hey send me an email. I have time to tie you some. I actually just made some for fishing in Alabama for largemouths this weekend. I also do really well with them for bluegill and smallies in and around Nashville. The Stealth Bobmer is my new awesome fly to use!!

skiingelvis@hotmail.com